If you’re in need of a monitor for sim racing, then you need something that will keep up with the fast-paced speed and high-quality graphics. We’ve reviewed 10 of the best monitors for exactly this, so that you can find the right choice for your requirements.
The Top-Rated Sim Racing Monitors
|Best Overall||Triple AOC C27G1 27||90%||Check Price |
|Budget Pick||Single Dell S2719DGF 27||73%||Check Price |
|Luxury Triple Monitor||Triple LG 32GK650F-B 32||94%||Check Price |
|Best Ultrawide||MSI MPG341CQR 34||87%||Check Price |
|Best Television||LG OLED55C9PUA 55||89%||Check Price |
Best Overall: Triple AOC C27G1 27″ 1080p
- 27" AOC immersive gaming monitor with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
- 1800R curved monitor (VA panel) wrapping around you for an immersive gaming experience
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD Free Sync for smoothest competitive gameplay
- Amd Free Sync for smoothest competitive game play.Brightness:250
- 3-Sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
This AOC C27G1 model monitor is designed to be the perfect option for gaming. With a 27-inch screen with extra narrow borders, you will have the cleanest and most unobstructed view of the game.
The slim design is made to be used for multi-monitor set up which is an option that works great for lots of different games, and it has an adjustable stand so you’re able to have it at the perfect height for the size of the room its in. This monitor is VESA compatible for use with many different mountings.
It also has a 1-year damage coverage and a 3-year warranty for added protection.
Budget Pick: Single Dell S2719DGF 27″ 1440p
- Experience sharp, tear free graphics with a swift refresh rated to 155 hertz (overclocked) and AMD free sync for super smooth visuals
- Get blazing fast and responsive gameplay with minimum input lag at an extremely rapid 1ms response time. Pixel Pitch:0.2331 mm
- Enjoy vivid edge to edge game play and crisp QHD resolution. You'll get lost in the 3.68 million pixels almost two times more than full HD
- Brightness: 350 candela per square metre
- Note: The 27' measurement of a TV monitor is measured diagonally.
The Dell S2719DGF is a cheap 1440p monitor with image quality that will blow you away. The 3.69 million pixels, which is twice as much as HD, give you the best picture and the AMD free sync offers amazingly smooth actions. This monitor has a fast response time of 1ms so you don’t get distracted by lagging.
The crisp resolution and thin-edged borders give you the most gaming visuals, and for the low price compared to other options, you just can’t beat it. This option also lets you customize your system by offering three presets for gaming profiles.
Luxury Triple Monitor: Triple LG 32GK650F-B 32″ 1440p
- QHD resolution; Watch games come to life with vibrant QHD clarity and detail; The precise 2560 X 1440 resolution and impressive 31.5 inches screen size combine for a thrilling, immersive gaming experience
- Radeon freesync technology: Reduces the tearing and stuttering that occur between a graphic card's frame rate and a monitor's refresh rate enabling smoother motion and less stuttering in games
- 144 Hertz refresh rate: Games played on this monitor are noticeably smoother and clearer when compared to game play on monitors with refresh rates of 60 Hertz or 75 Hertz
- Advanced gaming Features: Dynamic action sync assures smooth, action while black stabilizer reveals enhanced detail in dark scenes; The crosshair feature enhances accuracy in FPS games. Brightness 350(Typ) cd/m²
- Virtually Borderless: The ultra-thin bezel on 3 sides of this streamlined display offers a virtually borderless visual experience; A sleek addition to any desktop
The LG 32GK650F-B monitor is a curved-screen choice that works great as a part of a triple monitor system. With high QHD resolution, you will be able to see your Sim Racing visuals as clear as can be.
The Radeon FreeSync technology helps to reduce the tear or stutter that could occur so that you have the smoothest movements while playing the game. This monitor has a refresh rate of 144 Hertz, which is about twice as much as other options, and the black stabilizer works to improve the depth and darkness of the black shades on the screen.
Best Ultrawide: MSI MPG341CQR 34″ 1440p
- ULTRAWIDE CURVE — Immersive 34-inch 1800R curved MSI gaming monitor with UWQHD (3440 x 1440p) resolution and realistic HDR 400 with 3000 1 dynamic contrast ratio and 21 9 aspect ratio
- FAST & SMOOTH VISUALS — 120hz refresh rate and 1ms response time VA LED panel create smooth frame-to-frame action for anti-ghosting fast-reflex gameplay
- FREESYNC TECHNOLOGY — Adaptive FreeSync technology matches the refresh rate of your PC GPU to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering and deliver ultra-smooth lag-free visuals
- CUSTOM UX & RGB — MSI Gaming OSD provides in-game assistance and on-screen customization while MSI Mystic Light in tandem with SteelSeries Gamesense allows you to program RGB lighting effects based on in-game activity and synchronize with compatible RGB SteelSeries accessories
- NIGHT VISION — See more details in darker locations like caves and dark rooms in your games with the Night Vision feature
The MSI MPG341CGR is a 34-inch monitor that has a non-glare feature that keeps pesky sun rays from causing you to be unable to see the game clearly.
The high UWQHD resolution will allow even the tiniest details of the game to be seen with intense clarity and the 1ms response time will reduce the occurrence of lagging and choppy timing frames.
The HDR 400 provides you with great graphics and visuals so you can be fully immersed in the game, and with this screen apart of a double or triple set up, you won’t ever miss a thing.
Best Television: LG OLED55C9PUA 55″ 4K TV
- LG OLED55B9PUA B9 55" 4K HDR Smart OLED TV with AI ThinQ (2019 Model)
- See how convenient life can be thanks to LG ThinQ AI that listens, thinks and answers. And with the Google Assistant and Alexa, you can control your entire connected home, and enjoy personalized entertainment. It's power to run your life - even better.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: OLED55B9PUA B9 55" 4K HDR Smart OLED TV | Magic Remote | Remote Control Battery | Power Cable | Quick Start Guide| E-Manual | 1 Year Parts and Labor Limited Warranty
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: LG OLED55B9PUA B9 55" 4K HDR Smart OLED TV with AI ThinQ (2019 Model) | Deco Gear Home Theater Surround Sound 31" Soundbar 2.1 CH Audio Wireless Bluetooth NFC | Deco Gear 2.4GHz Wireless Backlit Keyboard Smart Remote with Touchpad Mouse | Deco Mount Flat Wall Mount Kit Ultimate Bundle for 45-90 inch TVs | SurgePro 6 NT 750 Joule 6-Outlet Surge Adapter with Night Light
The LG OLED 55C9PUA Smart TV is a premium option that comes with many great features and uses. Most importantly, this TV has incredibly low input lag, giving you the most responsive sim racing experience.
The TV has advanced imaging that keeps the picture crystal clear and NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility that ensures that your screen has the deepest blacks and most vibrant colors in every scene. A lot of the appeal of this TV comes from the fact it uses an OLED panel.
The high resolution allows you to play games with high-quality graphics without it looking grainy while you move and also is compatible with WISA speakers for the best sound.
Frequently Asked Questions
For this game, the best option would be a triple screen setup if you are able to afford it. Having an ultrawide TV or monitor would be the best option for every screen, and you will want one that is 27 inches or larger if possible. Any smaller than that would be difficult to use in certain views during the game.
The size of your monitor will largely depend on the distance you are from the screen when playing. It can also depend on what view you are in and what cockpit you have. If you are using a single screen then 34 inches is better, but for the triple screen, you will only need a 27-inch or so.
You can use a 1080p monitor if that’s all you have, especially if you have a triple monitor setup, but the visuals can look grainy on a single monitor. If you are able to afford it by saving up, then opting for a 1440p is the best option for the greatest picture.
In order to play sim racing, you will want a 144hz refresh rate. Any lower and you would see a noticeable drop in smoothness during fast movements and when turning. For more great picks, see our guide to the best 144hz monitors for under $250.
Actually, yes. However, just because you can use it, doesn’t mean it will be a great option for gaming. TVs may work great for movies, but for fast-paced games with constant movements at high speeds, you will probably see quite a bit of input lag if you’re not using a TV made for gaming. The same applies if you want to use a projector for sim racing.
Other Monitor Setups We Reviewed
We looked at 5 other sim racing monitor setups. Even though they didn’t make our top 5 list, they’re still some of the market’s best.
Ultrawide Monitors for Sim Racing
- 34" QHD (3440 x 1440) 1900R Curved Widescreen IPS Display
- NVIDIA G SYNC Technology
- Refresh Rate: 100Hz (Overclocking to 120Hz) Using Display Port
- Ports: 1 x Display Port 1.2, 1 x HDMI 1.4 & 4 USB 3.0 Ports
- Display Port, HDMI & USB Cables included
This ACER Predator ultrawide monitor is a good option for those looking for an alternative for our top five. With a curved display, you will get the best angles for gaming to make it more immersive, and the 1440p resolution will keep your eyes mystified with the incredible graphics.
With G-Sync capabilities, this monitor has some of the best visuals and resolutions that money can buy so you can see the rich, dark blacks and the bright colors contrasted perfectly on the screen.
This ultrawide screen is great for sim racing because it offers more screen surface than regular options.
- SUPERCHARGED SPEEDS — Clocking in natively at 144Hz, this 2560x1080p ultrawide monitor already delivers flicker-free video that’s buttery smooth with no dropped frames. Take things to the next level and overclock this monitor to a blistering 200Hz.
- GORGEOUS DISPLAY — Enjoy pixel-perfection on this PC gaming desktop monitor with high-definition display that delivers 16.7 million colors with deep shadows, vibrant colors and dazzling whites — all in vivid detail.
- GAME-READY PANEL — Stutter-free. Tear-free. Lag-free. Irritation-free. Experience smooth performance even on demanding games. No need to buy an overpriced G-Sync monitor — this FreeSync monitor is G-Sync-compatible.
- ENHANCED FOR VICTORY — Activate FPS/RTS display optimizations and bring out extra detail in darker games. And never miss another shot with GamePlus integrated crosshairs.
- GOLD-STANDARD SUPPORT – We don’t play with dead pixels – neither will you! New Viotek 21:9 monitors are protected by our Zero-Tolerance Dead Pixel Policy and 3-Year Limited Warranty. 100% U.S. customer service.
This VIOTEK GN35DA 35-inch monitor is a 1440p option that will give you one of the best resolutions for gaming. With a curved screen, 144Hz, and the ability to overclock the monitor up to 200Hz, you will get all you need out of this screen.
This monitor is also G-Sync compatible which allows you to have the smoothest performance even at times when you are moving the fastest.
This option also comes with a 3-year warranty that’ll cover you in case of accidental damage or manufacturer’s defect.
Televisions for Sim Racing
- SAMSUNG AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full SAMSUNG USA WARRANTY
- Samsung QN65Q70RA 65" Q70 QLED Smart 4K UHD TV (2019 Model)
- Quantum HDR 8x / Direct Full Array 4x | HDR10, HDR10+, HLG Support | 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 QLED Panel | Motion Rate 240 Technology | Built-In Wi-Fi & Ethernet | Bixby, Google Assistant, Alexa Support | Screen Mirroring | 4 xHDMI / 2 xUSB
- In The BOX INCLUDES: Samsung Q70 65" Class HDR 4K UHD Smart QLED TV | Smart Remote Control | Limited 1-Year Warranty
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Samsung 330W 3.1.2-Channel Soundbar System with Wireless Subwoofer - (HW-Q70R/ZA)
This Samsung Q70R QLED TV works as a good option for Sim Racing with its 65-inch option that comes with over a billion shades of color which are made possible by quantum dots. This resolution has four times as much as an HD screen and shows the clearest picture you can get.
Both the quantum 4K processor and the HDR 8X work to upscale whatever content to 4K on the screen and enhance the color to show the darkest blacks and brightest colors.
There is even an ambient mode for when you’re not playing which will turn the blank screen into a picture worth looking at.
- Samsung 50" RU7100 LED Smart 4K UHD TV 2019 Model
- Motion Rate 120 Technology | Built-In Wi-Fi and Ethernet
- IN THE BOX: Remote Control with Batteries - Power Cable
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Samsung 50" RU7100 LED Smart 4K UHD TV 2019 Model - Deco Mount Slim Flat Wall Mount Ultimate Bundle Kit for 32-60 inch TVs - Beach Camera Universal Screen Cleaner for LED TVs Large Bottle - Stanley SurgePro 6 NT 750 Joule 6-Outlet Surge Adapter with Night Light
This Samsung RU7100 LED TV is a 4K screen that will blow you away. With the 4K UHD processor, your TV will have near-perfect performance and the HDR will give the screen the most detailed and colorful look you can get.
The Smart TV component gives you the option to use the TV for watching movies, streaming, gaming or internet use with ease and the modern and slim design allows you to easily fit it on top of your desk or table.
The PurColor resolution provides brighter imagery with colors that other TV can’t produce and the deepest blacks possible.
- TCL AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full TCL USA WARRANTY
- TCL 55R625 55-inch 6-Series 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV (2019 Model)
- Wide Color powered by Quantum Dot technology
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: TCL 55R625 TV | Warranty Info | Quick Start Guide | Detachable Power Cord | RC580 Remote Control | Analog Audio/Video Input Adapter | 2 "AAA" Remote Control Battery
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: TCL 55R625 55-inch 6-Series 4K UHD HDR Roku Smart TV (2019 Model) | Vivitar 37-70-inch Low Profile Wall Mount Kit - Includes 2 HDMI Cables and Screen Cleaning Kit | Deco Gear 2.4GHz Wireless Backlit Keyboard Smart Remote with Touchpad Mouse | SurgePro 6 NT 750 Joule 6-Outlet Surge Adapter with Night Light
This TCL 6 Series R625 model comes with everything you need for the best gaming experience. With 65 inches of screen surface, you will get the most out of the QLED technology that delivers realistic-looking vibrant colors and rich, deep blacks.
As a Smart TV option, this screen can be used to stream just about anything and provides clear pictures for even the fastest moving games.
The Full-View design allows you to have a bigger viewing surface and the auto game mode improves the smooth action so that you can use it for gaming whenever you want.
Last Updated on April 12, 2021 by Thomas Bush