Gaming laptops aren’t quite on par with gaming desktops in terms of pure gaming prowess just yet, but they have come into an identity of their own by affording the opportunity to experiment with features that are impossible or impractical on a desktop. Perhaps the best example of such a feature is the venerable touchscreen! Whether you’re a content creator who plays games, a gamer who also draws – these are the best gaming laptops with touchscreens!
The Top-Rated Touchscreen Gaming Laptops
|Top Pick||Razer Blade 15 Advanced||90%|
|Runner-Up||HP OMEN X 2S||88%|
|Budget Pick||ASUS Zenbook 15||84%|
|Luxury Pick||ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo||94%|
|Luxury Runner-Up||Acer Predator Triton 900||92%|
Top Pick: Razer Blade 15 Advanced
- More Power, More Cores: The 8-Core 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5. 1GHz Max Turbo.
- Studio Ready: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super with Max-Q Design (8GB GDDR6 VRAM) graphics is up to 25% faster than the original RTX 20 Series with more cores and higher clocks.
- Vivid Visuals: The 4K OLED touch display delivers blazing fast 1ms response time and a wide color range covering 100% of the DCI-P3 space, while the HDR 400 True Black ensures deep blacks and vibrant colors.
- Thin and Compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0. 7" thin.
- Innovative Cooling: A unique vacuum sealed, liquid filled, copper vapor chamber spans the heat generating components and is the key to getting maximum performance and user comfort in a compact, thin design.
Puns aside, the Razer Blade 15 Advanced is a true piece of art that is loaded to the gills with… ahem… advanced hardware. An Nvidia RTX 2080 Super Max-Q, 10th Gen Intel i7 and 1TB NVME drive are accompanied by 16gb of ram and efficiently crammed into a less-than-an-inch thick CNC-milled anodized black aluminum chassis. However, the star of the show (and the reason you’re reading this list, presumably) is the screen.
With an available 15.6” 4K OLED touchscreen, the Razer Blade 15 Advanced cements itself as the king of the touchscreen gaming laptop hill!
Runner-Up: HP OMEN X 2S
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H 2.60GHz Processor (upto 4.50 GHz, 12 MB SmartCache, 6-Cores) ; NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6 Integrated Graphics, VR Ready
- 16GB DDR4 SODIMM RAM; 802.11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 1080p Full HD Webcam, Backlit Keyboard
- 15.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) Display; 230W Power Supply, 6-Cell 72WHr Battery; Black Color
- 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD; 3 USB 3.1 Gen1, 1 HDMI, USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1, Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack.
- Windows 10 Home-64, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from MichaelElectronics2 (Professionally upgraded by MichaelElectronics2)
TheHP OMEN X 2S features an extremely similar set of internal components to that of the top pick and touts similar benchmarks – so it’s best to focus on what sets the two apart!
Perhaps the most notable difference here is that the Omen’s 4k primary display isn’t a touchscreen. Rather, there is a secondary touchscreen display that runs across the top of the keyboard.
This clever innovation allows for writing, drawing – anything you would do on a normal touchscreen – except now it isn’t blocking your view of the action on the primary panel!
If you want a power gaming laptop with a touchscreen that doesn’t obscure your view, this one is certainly the way to go!
Budget Pick: ASUS Zenbook 15
- 15.6 inch IPS-Level full HD two-sided frameless NanoEdge bezel Display that brings up to 92% screen to body ratio for immersive visuals
- Latest 8th generation Intel Core i7-8565u Quad Core Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD with 16GB DDR4 RAM and a GeForce GTX 1050 Max-Q for gaming level performance
- Exclusive ErgoLift design for improved typing position, optimized cooling System and enhanced audio performance
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign in with Windows
The ASUS Zenbook 15 would never be considered a budget pick in any other category – but here it is! Fully-loaded with an Nvidia GTX 1650 Max-Q, 10th gen Intel i7 and other great internals, the focus here is on the displays!
The star of the show is the 4K display with super-slim bezels, accompanied by a secondary touchscreen display where you might expect to find a traditional touchpad! In fact, the 5.65 inch display fills both roles, allowing for amazing versatility!
All of this for a price that’s competitive with pretty much any other gaming laptops with a similar spec sheet – that’s what makes this such a profound machine for those who want it all, but don’t want to take out a mortgage to fund their gaming habits!
Luxury Pick: ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo
- ScreenPad Plus: 14 inch 4K secondary touchscreen display | Game, Stream, Create, and more!
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10875H Processor
- 300Hz 3ms 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS-Type PANTONE Validated Display
- 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD in RAID 0 (1+1) | Windows 10 Professional
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo is the pinnacle of luxury specs and performance in a category where prices scare off all but the most hardcore of consumers. That being said, this is a machine that is not going to fit into most budgets!
Loaded with positively absurd components such as the latest Intel i9 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, 32GB of memory and a 2TB SSD, the primary 4K OLED is Pantone-certified for the absolute best color reproduction available in monitors of any sort. The secondary display goes next-level by popping-out in all its 14-in glory for unobstructing pen or finger input.
If money isn’t an object for you, there’s no reason you should settle for anything less than this honest-to-goodness desktop replacement!
Luxury Runner-Up: Acer Predator Triton 900
- Processor Type: Core i7-9750h
- Standard memory: 32 GB
- Total Solid State Drive capacity: 1 TB
In a category full of wallet-drainers, it’s hard to say there’s only one real luxury pick – Acer Predator Triton 900 absolutely deserves to be in this conversation!
Featuring a similarly-ludicrous component set and comparably affluent price point to the ASUS machine, the focus should be on what’s different here – the 17.3” 4K IPS that literally swivels so that you can view it from any angle you desire! Also included are enough ports to hook up 3 additional monitors, assuming anyone could somehow need that. Actually, why not? Go for it!
What to Look for in a Touchscreen Gaming Laptop
There aren’t an abundance of gaming laptops with touchscreens, and those that do exist are by-and-large not easy to recommend! However, there are a few gems – and here’s how to find them:
You have to go into this endeavor with the understanding that you’re going to lose a lot of skin! Touchscreens aren’t the cheapest of technologies, nor are great gaming laptops; combining the two is a recipe for an empty wallet! If that’s something you’re comfortable with – read on!
Some of the laptops that meet your requirements have a traditional do-it-all screen, whereas others feature a secondary display for touch input. If you don’t have a particular preference, it’s recommended that you have a look at the dual-screen units as they typically don’t cost that much of a premium and they afford you an entirely unique experience! Also, have a think about whether you want a device that can fold into a tablet, otherwise known as a 2-in-1 laptop.
Going down the rabbit hole of touchscreen gaming laptops will likely lead you to find some gorgeous, sleek machines that are surprisingly affordable and boast some measure of gaming prowess. Have a look at those spec sheets – they’re almost always going to have integrated graphics, which is no bueno for your needs! Stay resolute and grab a rig with a discrete GPU!
Last Updated on March 1, 2021