If you are suffering from constant pain in your elbow (commonly referred to as tennis elbow), switching to an ergonomic mouse is one of the first things you need to do.
The Top-Rated Mice for Elbow Pain
|Top Pick||Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical||91%|
|Runner Up||Adesso iMouse E10||92%|
|Budget Pick||J-Tech Digital Scroll Endurance Wired||89%|
|Luxury Pick||VicTsing 2.4G Wireless Vertical||94%|
|Best for Gaming||ZLOT Vertical||91%|
|Best for Windows||Microsoft Sculpt||91%|
Top Pick: Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
The Anker 2.4G Wireless Vertical is an excellent overall option for anyone looking for a well-rounded ergonomic mouse that will help with elbow pain. The mouse has a very solid build quality for its price, with the soft matte plastic feeling durable. Thanks to its compact size and weight, it is ideal for use on the go with your laptop. The mouse operates using two AAA batteries, not included in the box.
Being a vertical mouse, it is made to hold your hand and fingers in a more natural position, thus helping reduce strain on your hand and elbow. It has all the buttons you expect to find, including two side buttons for web navigation, a DPI button on the top, and a ratcheting scroll wheel with small increments.
Anker’s Vertical mouse performs well in tracking and its button clicks feel sturdy and tactile. There are also three different DPI settings to choose from to suit your needs. It is compatible with Windows and macOS, so you won’t have any problems in that department. Finally, the mouse also comes in a wired version and a wireless version with rechargeable batteries.
Runner-Up: Adesso iMouse E10
- 2.4 GHz radio frequency wireless technology
- Ergonomic vertical design
- Back and forward button for convenience
- Dpi switch button
The Adesso iMouse E10 is another great alternative for people who experience elbow pain. It’s well built with no creaks in its plastic components. This specific model is for right-handed users, but there is also a left-handed option. Inside the box, you will find the wireless receiver and the two AAA batteries needed to operate. There is also a wired version, if you prefer.
The E10 has an ergonomic design that supports your forearm and wrist, thus minimizing elbow movement. It is very comfortable to use for long periods of time and you will definitely notice less pain in your elbow. It has the standard 6 button setup with two clicks and the scroll wheel on one side and the navigation buttons and DPI button on the other.
The vertical shape of the E10 can be a challenge to use at first, but after a few days, it won’t be a problem. The mouse works flawlessly both on macOS and Windows with very accurate tracking and you can use it on various surfaces such as wood or glass. Also, the three different DPI settings should be enough for most users.
Budget Pick: J-Tech Digital Scroll Endurance Wired
- Unique ergonomic design with removable palm rest to reduce hand and wrist pain
- Two thumb buttons can be used for back/forward browser navigation
- Driver free 3-mode DPI shift:600/1000/1600DPI adjustable
- High-resolution optical sensor with adjustable sensitivity for accuracy and responsiveness
- Scroll Wheel lifetime:200,000 circles/ Button lifetime:3 million times
The J-Tech Digital Scroll Endurance Wired is a fully vertical mouse meant to help decrease the amount of stress on your hands. Its construction can feel cheap, but the soft touch surface with ridges where your hand and thumb sit is a nice plus. There is also a wireless version, but it ups the budget without offering anything extra.
Thanks to the mouse’s vertical design, your hand assumes a “handshake” position, making it very natural to use. This style of grip should reduce the need for full hand movements, which means less elbow fatigue. While it does have a standard button layout, the click buttons and the navigation buttons are separated to help with the ergonomics even more.
Another great feature of the J-Tech is its removable palm rest, which provides more comfort. All the buttons on the mouse have a satisfying click to them, and the mouse performs quite well when it comes to tracking. Even though the mouse is compatible with macOS, the navigation buttons don’t work.
Luxury Pick: VicTsing 2.4G Wireless Vertical
- 【Ergonomic Design Reduce Wrist Pain】VicTsing vertical ergonomic mouse dedicate to improving and alleviating hand fatigue. VicTsing vertical ergonomic mouse use the exclusive 54° vertical angle encourages a healthy wrist and forearm posture which reduces muscle strain, so that your wrist and forearm smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 【Multifunction Bu 【Designed for Long-time USE】This VicTsing wireless ergonomic mouse uses skin-friendly materials, smooth touch. Its size is about 5. 04x3. 07x2. 83 inch/3. 14oz, and suitable for most hand shapes and sizes. Reduce the wrist pain caused by using the mouse for a long time!tton】4 DPI 1000/1600/2000/2400 levels , so you can easily change the cursor speed and adjusts the sensitivity of the mouse; The forward/backward buttons help you brewing the page faster. Vic Tsing vertical ergonomic mouse designed to increase your work efficiency!
- 【Easy to Use】One Nano USB receiver at the bottom of mouse, Just Plug and Play! Only need 3 seconds. VicTsing vertical ergonomic mouse work with Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10/ Linux, Mac OS X. Meet all your needs and participate your daily work easily!
- 【6 Buttons Design】4 DPI 1000/1600/2000/2400 levels , so you can easily change the cursor speed and adjusts the sensitivity of the mouse. The forward/backward buttons help you brewing the page faster. VicTsing vertical ergonomic mouse designed to increase your work efficiency!
- 【Long battery life】 This wireless ergonomic mouse will automatically enter into power-saving mode after 10 minutes inactivity. Press any button to wake it up at any time.
The VicTsing 2.4G Wireless Vertical is a premium ergonomic mouse packed with all the features you need. The mouse has superior build quality, as it’s made of high quality plastic. It also has some very elegant details such as the glossy black finish on top.
VicTsing did a lot of modifications and ended up with an unconventional design that fully supports your palm and keeps your hand in its natural position, which eliminates most of the stress on your hand and elbow. The mouse features high quality tactile buttons and a scroll ball which is very nice to use.
The mouse’s optical sensor performs excellently and with the three different DPI settings, you will definitely find one to suit your preferences. One of the best features of the mouse is its power saving mode with 3 different levels of sleep mode. This gives you up to 18 months of standby time, which is huge. Finally, if you are someone who always loses their USB dongle, you will be pleased to find a compartment on the bottom for storage.
Best for Gaming: ZLOT Vertical
- Ergonomic Vertical Design.Ergonomic Vertical Design.Unlike those traditional ones which strain wrist and arm over time, causing great pain. The vertical design provides better support for your forearm minimizing wrist pain that can come from twisting.
- Pixart PMW3325 IR sensor and 5-adjustable DPI level.Color-changing RGB marquee belt on both sides.
- Programmable and customizable.11 programmable buttons and On-board memory.
- Widely Compatible with Windows XP（x64）/Vista/7/8/10/Linux.Please peel off the transparent protective film on the bottom of the mouse before use.
- Warranty & Support: One year warranty for this product, we provide the full technical support after selling and any questions about the product, feel freely to contact us.
The ZLOT Vertical Gaming Mouse is a sleek-looking ergonomic mouse designed to be used primarily by gamers. This results in a nice looking, well built and lightweight mouse, with RGB lighting that you can turn off if you prefer. The mouse is on the larger side, though, and could be uncomfortable for people with smaller hands.
The ergonomics on the mouse are great. Thanks to the vertical position, your forearm is well-supported, which results in less tension on your elbow. The main selling point of the ZLOT is its added 4-way joystick that you operate and press with your thumb. Combined with the standard 6 buttons, it gives you a total of 11 inputs, a very helpful feature in games.
Since the ZLOT is a gaming mouse, it comes with the PMW 3325 optical sensor, which performs exceptionally, even in the most rigorous of gameplays. Also, all the buttons on the mouse are programmable using its software and you can store your configurations on the onboard memory of the mouse for on the go use.
Best for Windows: Microsoft Sculpt
- Advanced ergonomic design with thumb scoop encourages natural hand and wrist postures.
- Mouse angle and height are designed to place wrist in a comfortable position.
- MicrosofTrack Technology in the mouse gives you precise control on virtually any surface.
- Windows button for one-touch access to the Start Menu.
The Microsoft Sculpt has a streamlined design with great curvature all around the body and no hard lines. It’s large enough to fit your whole palm if you are a user with average hands. The construction is very good with no creakiness, and the glossy black top looks very elegant, but it is prone to fingerprints and smudges.
The unique design of the Microsoft Sculpt contours perfectly to your hand and leaves your forearm in a more natural position while relieving the tension that causes elbow pain. The mouse has the standard two clicks, a scroll wheel with side scrolling and a prominent Windows button that opens the Windows Start Menu with a single press.
The convenience of the scroll wheel and the Windows button, reduces unnecessary movement of your hand, which also adds to the reduction of elbow pain. Microsoft has equipped the Sculpt with its BlueTrack technology, which gives you the performance of an optical sensor, with the versatility to use it on virtually any surface.
What to Look for in a Mouse
When shopping for a mouse to help reduce your elbow pain, there are some parameters to keep in mind.
Ergonomics and Layout
The number one thing you should be looking out for is ergonomics. Your new mouse should have the best possible ergonomics that will leave your forearm in the most relaxed position possible. This will help minimize strain on the muscles that causes “tennis elbow”. Also, you need to be able to reach all the buttons on the mouse without overstretching.
Compatibility and Features
Buying an ergonomic mouse is nothing if you can’t use it properly. Firstly, you need to establish if you want a wired or wireless solution, and pick a mouse that will be compatible with the operating system you are using. After that, any extra features, such as programmable buttons or a long-lasting battery, are always appreciated.
You don’t want to have to buy a new mouse every few months, so you should invest in a good quality mouse that will last you for many years. Most ergonomic mice will be made of plastic, but choosing a matte finish will prevent fingerprints and dirt from accumulating on your mouse.
Last Updated on March 1, 2021