Bhopping, or bunny-hopping, is the act of constantly jumping in video games. In some competitive multiplayer games, bhopping is used as a way of throwing off your opponents’ aim or causing confusion; in some games bhopping even increases your traversal speed, as repeated jumping is more efficient than walking or sprinting!
Though most gamers tend to look at bhopping as an annoyance, they also consider it to be a necessity in high-level play. To that end, the following are the best mice for bhopping, according to professional and casual gamers alike!
The Top-Rated Mouse for Bhopping
|Top Pick||Logitech G Pro||90%|
|Runner Up||BenQ Zowie FK2||90%|
|Budget Pick||SteelSeries Rival 3||88%|
|Luxury Pick||Razer Viper Ultimate||92%|
|Best Ultralight||Cooler Master MM710||90%|
Top Pick: Logitech G Pro
- Made with and for Pro Gamers: G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse is the result of two years of work with professional esports gamers, combing advanced technologies in an ultra-lightweight design
- Light-speed Wireless: Pro grade performance overcomes the traditional limitations of wireless latency, connectivity and power to deliver a rock solid, super-fast 1 millisecond report rate connection
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Logitech's most accurate sensor yet with up to 25,600 DPI and 10X the power efficiency of previous generation for the ultimate in wireless gaming speed, accuracy and responsiveness. Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM
- Ultra-lightweight: Innovative endoskeleton design creates a super-thin yet incredibly strong outer shell, enabling the body to weigh in at a remarkably light and maneuverable 80 grams.
- Ergonomic ambidextrous design: Tournament ready mouse developed with Esports pros for maximum comfort, control and 50 million click durability. Four removable side buttons for supreme customization. Cable length: 1.80 meters
The Logitech G Pro is the easiest mouse to recommend for bhopping due to the fact that it makes no compromises in pursuit of competitive gaming perfection! With an ultra-fast wireless connection and 16k dpi sensor, you’re assured that every click of the scroll wheel will be registered accurately.
The mouse is also ambidextrous, meaning it’s a great choice for lefties and those who like to switch things up. Speaking of switching things up, 6 programmable buttons allow you to assign any button to any task.
If you want a mouse that’s perfectly suited for bhopping and just about anything else you can throw at it, go with the Logitech G Pro!
Runner-Up: BenQ Zowie FK2
- 3310 optical sensor with 400/800/1600/3200 DPI to give you a unique tracking experience.
- Ambidextrous design with multiple shapes and sizes to maximize performance and provide a comfortable gaming experience for competitive esports players
- Consistent tactile feedback to avoid double switch presses, ensuring efficient functionality, and sleek design
- Adjustable report rate 125/500/1000Hz for different levels of responsiveness
- Plug and Play (No drivers required)
The BenQ Zowie FK2 comes in 2nd, but only by the slimmest of margins. While this mouse does have lower dpi (3,200) and is wired, the knocks end there! At less than half the price of the top pick, the BenQ Zowie FK2 makes a compelling case for itself with thoughtful features such as offering a choice of sizes for different hands and grips, a low-profile design for increased control, and manual programming (no software required).
If you want a pro pick that does what you need and little else, the BenQ Zowie FK2 is an excellent Zowie mouse.
Budget Pick: SteelSeries Rival 3
- Hyper durable materials – Engineered with high-grade polymer for durability
- 60 million click mechanical switches – To feel crisp from the first click to the last
- True move core optical gaming sensor – True 1 to 1 tracking 8 500 cpi 300 ips 35 gram acceleration
- Comfortable ergonomic construction – Ergonomically designed to provide comfort for intense gaming sessions
- Brilliant prism lighting – Redesigned lighting provides 3 zones of 16 8 million beautifully crisp colors
The SteelSeries Rival 3 is a great budget mouse that checks all of the bhopper’s boxes! In addition to looking (and feeling) much more expensive than it actually is, there’s a lot going on under the hood as well!
The 8,500 dpi sensor tracks accurately and the smooth wheel has a satisfying-but-fast click that will keep you bhopping through the night without breaking a sweat.
Novice bhoppers and thrifty shoppers alike couldn’t choose a better starter mouse!
Luxury Pick: Razer Viper Ultimate
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan. 2017- June 2020 combined.
- 25% Quicker Than Competing Wireless Mice: Razer HyperSpeed wireless technology brings together extreme low-latency and interference reduction for true wireless freedom
- The Lightest, Zero-Compromise Wireless Esports Gaming Mouse at 74g: The Razer Viper Ultimate includes a 20K DPI optical sensor befitting the most serious gamers without the need for drilled holes
- Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Ambidextrous Design: Created for left and right-handed users with accessible, programmable buttons on both sides
The Razer Viper Ultimate doesn’t take the word “ultimate” lightly, and the hefty price tag is a fair reflection of that dedication to luxury!
This wireless mouse has a 20k dpi sensor, 8 programmable buttons and a 70-hour rechargeable battery – and still manages to weigh a meager 74 grams! The cherry on top is the handsome charger/mount included in the kit!
If you want the ultimate bhopping mouse, look no further!
Best Ultralight: Cooler Master MM710
- Lightweight honeycomb shell: New perforated housing is engineered to be supremely durable and lightweight, meaning you can play longer without fatigue
- Ultralight ultra-weave cable: Innovative ultra-weave cable significantly reduces weight and cable pull while swiping; Fight against your enemies, not cable pull
- Superior mouse feet: PTFE material provides smooth control with a low friction, consistent glide.Mouse Lift Off Distance less than 2mm
- Gaming grade optical sensor; Adjustable up to 16000 DPI for greater control, precision, and future proofing
- Ergonomic, ambidextrous shape: Optimized for right handed gaming with 2 extra buttons for added convenience
The Cooler Master MM710 has a singular focus – shed every possible gram of weight in favor or more efficient movement and fast responsiveness. The result is a mouse that weighs only 53 grams!
The striking honeycomb design accounts for the extreme weight loss, and the smooth-clicking wheel will be your secret to extreme bhopping success! If you love ultralight mice and bhopping, this one was made just for you!
What to Look for in a Mouse for Bhopping
Not all gaming mice are created equal, and that’s rarely more evident than when shopping for the perfect bhopping mouse! Thankfully, the verdict is in regarding what features and considerations matter most for bhopping:
Programmable Mouse Wheel
Nowadays, virtually all gaming mice allow users to program at least one special button for any purpose they wish; not all allow for the programming of the standard mouse wheel. In order to bhop as efficiently as possible without missing a beat, there is no debate – you need to program jumping to your mouse wheel!
Fast-Click Mouse Wheel
As you’ll be scrolling your new mouse wheel a lot, it’s important that the wheel is suited for bhopping! Mice with slow-clicking wheels are a hindrance as they cause you to change your grip on the mouse when scrolling. On the other hand, a free-scrolling (no clicks) wheel is also a detriment as games will register multiple inputs in quick succession. Fast-but-deliberate wheels are truly the “secret sauce” of successful bhopping!
Whereas most gaming mice have their left and right clickers rated for millions of clicks, most don’t go to such lengths to ensure the integrity of their mouse wheels. Bhoppers will want to ensure that they’re buying a mouse that has their unique needs in mind – rest assured that every mouse on this list is built to stand up to some intense bhopping!
Last Updated on March 1, 2021