Most gaming mice are designed with palm grips in mind. Very few are explicitly designed for claw grip, and fewer still of the palm-centric models are especially conducive to claw grip. That being said, there are enough on the market now that everyone has quite a few choices to consider! Without further ado, these are the absolute best mice for claw-grip gamers!
The Top-Rated Gaming Mouse for Claw Grip
|Top Pick||Logitech Z623||90%|
|Runner Up||Klipsch ProMedia 2.1||92%|
|Budget Pick||Creative Pebble Plus 2.1||83%|
|Best Soundbar||Razer Leviathan||87%|
|Luxury Pick||Razer Nommo Pro||94%|
|Also Great||Logitech G560||88%|
Top Pick: Razer DeathAdder v2
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- Focus+ 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
The Razer DeathAdder v2 is yet another worthy upgrade to Razer’s best claw-grip mouse. Featuring 8 programmable buttons and a 20k DPI sensor, the v2 is built both for speed and versatility.
If you use claw grip and want a great mouse that will look great while amassing wins over your palm-gripping foes, look no further!
Runner-Up: SteelSeries Sensei Ten
- TrueMove Pro optical gaming sensor with advanced true 1 to 1 tracking
- 60 million click mechanical switches are to feel crisp from the first click to the last
- Comfortable ambidextrous design is ergonomically designed for left and right handed players
- Made from hyper durable materials engineered with high grade polymer for years of durability
- On board memory to save polling rate, key binds, and up to 5 CPIs directly on the mouse
The SteelSeries Sensei Ten may well have the primordial claw-grip silhouette from which all others should learn – and it feels as smooth as it looks!
This ambidextrous mouse differentiates itself in a number of ways, but none more profound than its perfect wheel. Rated for 60 million clicks, this grippy and clicky wheel satisfies beyond belief!
If you’re a claw gripper who prefers the SteelSeries aesthetics of that of Razor’s, this is a great pick!
Budget Pick: Corsair Harpoon PRO
- Incredibly lightweight at just 85G so that you can play even longer
- Contoured shape and rubber side grips let you play in Lasting comfort with a confident grip
- Ready to game right out of the box—just plug in through a USB port and start taking down the competition
- Play with the precise control you need to win thanks to a 12 000 DPI optical sensor for high-accuracy tracking
- Create an in-game advantage with six fully programmable buttons for anything from Remaps TO complex custom macros
The Corsair Harpoon PRO may appear to be pretty basic at first glance – not so fast! This wide-bodied, lightweight 6-button mouse features grippy sides, rgb lighting and a 12k DPI sensor!
The understated looks of this one are a great reminder that you shouldn’t judge books by their covers!
Luxury Pick: ASUS ROG Spatha
- SHARP PRECISION - ASUS ROG Spatha Laser Gaming Mouse with 8200 DPI Laser Sensor, 150 IPS tracking speed & 2-level DPI switch features 20-million click Omron switches (swappable & customizable) for swift MMO gameplay. Preferred by pro gamers!
- BUILT FOR GAMING MARATHONS - This laser mouse features a premium magnesium alloy chassis for extra durability and special steel-gray non-stick coating for sweat free gaming over extended hours. The Mayan-detailing with rubber panels offers a secure grip
- WIRELESS & WIRED GAMING MOUSE - Enjoy high speed wireless connection with low latency & accurate tracking. Includes raided cable for home and office use, a rubber USB cable for on-the-go flexibility, & a magnetic charging dock for quick wireless charging
- RIGHT-HANDED CONTROLS - This gaming mouse is ergonomically designed to provide ultimate comfortable for long gaming hours – ideal for palm or claw grip. 3D printer friendly design allows further customization for creating a mouse that fits your grip
- GAMING MOUSE LOADED WITH FEATURES - Prepare for battle with the ROG Armoury II Mouse & Aura Sync customization. Support 3 zone RGB lighting, 12 programmable buttons, built-in flash memory for storing 5 audio profiles, replacement switches & more
The ASUS ROG Spatha is one of the most iconic, revered gaming mice in the history of the field. The craggy form begs to be mounted by claw grippers the world over, yet for some unknowable reason, it was recently discontinued without replacement by ASUS. Supplies are still available, but at roughly double the cost of the MSRP.
The best case to be made for this mouse is that no one seems to regret dropping a wad of cash to get their hands on one. If you even think you miiight want one of these eventually, now is probably your last chance!
Best Ultralight: Glorious Model O
- SIZE & STYLE: Ambidextrous ultralight weight gaming mouse ideal for [MEDIUM to LARGE] hands. Built for speed, control, and comfort.
- ULTRA FLEXIBLE CABLE: Our Braided 'Ascended' Cord is so light it produces a drag-free wireless feel.
- MOUSE FEET: Our Glorious Skates are 100% pure Virgin PTFE that will glide like blades on ice
- E-SPORT CUSTOMIZATION: 6-Step DPI, lighting effects, polling rate, lift off distance, click/scroll speed, 6 buttons with macro support, and more.
- FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: 180-Day Replacement Guarantee + 2 Year Warranty - If anything happens, simply contact our customer support team and you will get a quick response from our representatives.
The Glorious Model O is another innovative product from the tongue-in-cheek peripheral maker that pleases the eyes and claws alike! Weighing-in at a meager 67g, this sleek honeycomb-bodied mouse features a 12k sensor and 6 programmable buttons.
If you want a zero-sweat mouse that feels as effortless as waving your hand, this is the one to get your claw on! What’s more, it’s an excellent mouse for games where fast clicking gives you the edge, like bedwars.
What to Look for in a Gaming Mouse for Claw Grip
There is plenty of nuance to consider when looking for a mouse to suit your claw grip, but a few key factors are easy to discern as the essential components. If you’re a claw-gripper, make sure your next mouse checks these boxes:
Whereas a tall arch is conducive to palm-grippers, a short hump facilitates a light palm-touch and accentuates the contact between fingertips and the front of the mouse. Don’t compromise on this point if you prefer a claw grip!
Claw grip requires 4 or 5 digits to maintain contact with the mouse at all times, and it’s almost impossible to do so comfortably with a narrow mouse! Make sure your target mouse has a wide footprint for maximum control potential!
This is the most personalized of the factors here. Small hands will need a short mouse in order to comfortably maintain a claw grip, whereas bigger hands will get cramped from a short frame. The key is consider where your wrist is in relation to the back-end of the mouse, and ensure you have free range of movement without having to readjust your fingertips!
Last Updated on March 1, 2021