Some racing sim fanatics prefer racing stands over full-blown cockpits, but many find that these come at quite expensive price points. It’s for this reason that we’ve searched for the best racing sim wheel stands available in 2021 at an affordable price-tag.
The Top-Rated Cheap Racing Wheel Stands
|Editor's Pick||Wheel Stand||Rating|
|Top Pick||VEVOR G920||90%|
|Runner Up||Morphorn Racing||88%|
|Luxury Pick||Next Level Racing Lite||91%|
|Also Great||Marada G920||85%|
|Honorable Mention||ZIOSTAND V2||85%|
Top Pick: VEVOR G920
- 【HIGH QUALITY】- The racing wheel stand adopts high strength carbon steel as frame, provides the maximum stability, safety and sturdiness. Hard mounted wheel stand, will not move or fall off when you race.
- 【FREE ADJUSTMENT】- Fully height adjustable and tilt adjustable, ensuring a comfortable and flexible game experience. This racing simulator cockpit allows players of different sizes to use. The pedal plate is also adjustable in angle, designed for your convenience.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】- This steering wheel stand fits for Logitech G25, G27, G29, G920; Fits for Thrustmaster T300RS, TX F458 & T500RS; Other wheels can be clamped on. Notice: wheel, shifter and pedals NOT included.
- 【USER FRIENDLY】- Equipped with a gear shifter holder, which can be mounted on either side. This racing simulator is suitable for both left-handed and right-handed players.
- 【EASY INSTALLATION & STORAGE】- Simple to assemble with the help of accessories. The driving simulator seat can fold in few seconds to be packed away and be stored when not in use. Perfect for game players who have limited storage space.
The VEVOR G920 may have the Logitech wheel name in its title, but don’t let that fool you. This great stand is designed to fit all Fanatec wheels, the G29/290 (and the older G series models) and the Thrustmaster T300RS, TX F458 & T500RS wheels. Fret not if your wheel doesn’t appear on this list, however, as there’s plenty of space that allows you to clamp it and still make use of the stand.
Other than great compatibility, the stand also accomplishes everything you could possibly dream of and more. It’s almost fully adjustable both in terms of the height of various components as well as their angles, allowing you to find the position that suits your personal needs the best. Speaking of adjustability, it also allows you to change the gear shifter holder to whatever side you may prefer, allowing those who prefer a right-handed drive to not be forced into left-handed drives. The stand itself is very well built from materials including carbon steel, giving it a very high quality feel and finish. This makes the stand sturdy and you could be worried about it ruining your floor, but you shouldn’t for two reasons. The first is that the stand is folded and put to the side incredibly easily and quickly (in a matter of seconds). The second is that, should you not want to fold the stand after using it, it has four rubber non-slip mats at the bottom of it. This not only stops the stand from ruining your floor but also adds stability, increasing the precision at which you may drive.
Runner Up: Mophorn Racing
- 【DURABLE QUALITY】- The racing wheel stand adopts high strength carbon steel as frame, provides the maximum stability, safety and sturdiness. Hard mounted wheel stand, will not move or fall off when you race.
- 【FREE ADJUSTMENT】- Fully height adjustable and pedal plate adjustable, ensuring a comfortable and flexible game experience. This racing simulator cockpit allows players of different sizes to use.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】- This steering wheel stand fits for Fanatec wheels on the market; Fits for Logitech Wheels: G25, G27, G29; Fits for Mad Catz wheels on the market. Notice: wheel and pedals not included.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】- Simple to install with the help of instruction. The racing simulator features pre-drilled design for convenient installation.
- 【USER FRIENDLY】- Equipped with a gear shifter holder, which can be mounted on either side. This driving simulator seat is suitable for both left-handed and right-handed players.
Let’s start with the plethora of things to love about the Morphorn Racing. First off, it’s incredibly resistant. Much like the VEVOR it’s also made from carbon-steel and very clearly built to last. It has a fair amount of adjustability options (height, distance and angles of most parts), but we think the crowning jewel in terms of customisation potential here is the adjustable pedal plate. It helps so much to find just the right angle for your pedals. Also, like our top pick, the shifter mount can be changed from left to the right-hand side.
Turning to the few flaws that made this fall into second place. First of all, comes compatibility. The Mophorn is not as compatible as the VEVOR. It supports all Fanatec and Logitech wheels, but there’s no mention of Thrustmaster anywhere. Theoretically one could try to clamp it to the stand, but we’re making no promises on the matter. Secondly comes a small inconvenience. You cannot easily fold and put this stand away. We’re big fans of stands that lack the central pillar (as it can be restricting and not as immersive), but they tend to be more spacious, so they should be easy to store. The Mophorn isn’t.
Luxury Pick: Next Level Racing Lite
- Solid Stand for your wheels, pedals and gear shifter - folds in less than 10 seconds for fast storage
- Gear shifter holder included and can be mounted left or right side
- High quality and rigid powder-coated steel
- Completely adjustable wheel height/ angle and even pedal distance/ angle
- Compatible and predrilled for all major brands including Logitech, Thrustmaster & Fanatic
Normally speaking we aren’t fans of stands with central supporting poles/pillars, but the Next Level Racing Wheel Stand Lite does such a phenomenal job it’s hard not to include it towards the top of our list. It’s compatible with all major brands (Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec), it’s quite resistant (though maybe not quite as much as the first two picks) and has multiple customisable aspects to it. From the height and angle of various parts to the side on which the shifter is mounted, you’ll be able to find what you need in this product.
This small design is still aware that some users might not have a lot of space in which to have it open. That’s why is collapsible and can be folded in under 10 seconds to facilitate storage. As a final positive note, this is also a great product for those who are unsure as to whether they want a stand or a cockpit, as the Next Level Racing Lite can be upgraded to a cockpit.
Unfortunately, it does have some drawbacks. The first is the central supporting pole/pillar. Not everyone finds these cumbersome and annoying, but a fair amount of people do. If you are one of these people or think you might be, then perhaps one of the first two picks is better suited for you. The second drawback is the price. It’s still very accessible mind you, but out of all the products included in this list, it’s the most expensive. Chances are that, if you’re looking for a product on a “best cheap” list, this is a factor you’d want to keep in mind.
Also Great: Marada G920
- The new racing steering wheel bracket is ergonomically designed to make the driver more flexible and comfortable, and each adjustment point has a protective device to avoid wear. It feels comfortable even when driving from a very low or high seat
- The surface of the racing wheel bracket has smooth polished holes for the steering wheel Logitech G25 G27 G29 and G920 racing wheels, Thrustmaster T300RS, TX F458 and T500RS. Each hole is perfectly integrated with the steering wheel. The racing wheel frame can be quickly folded and reduced to a surprisingly small size, which saves space and reduces floor space
- It consists of a steel box tube, which is very strong. The combination of rubber feet and steel tubes provides a smooth driving experience. The wheel frame professional version has a smooth painted surface that does not fade, the bolts will not rust, and an anti-slip mat will be added to each support point to increase the safety factor
- This wheel frame features a double spar design that provides greater rigidity and better access to the pedal itself. The thread and nut are perfectly combined and the accessories are complete. It is suitable for any application, from driving office chairs to dining tables and chairs and even sofas! The large tube at the rear of the bottom rail can be quickly adjusted in and out to accommodate the highest and shortest players
- The wheel support height is adjustable, foldable, easy to store, and the steering wheel bracket is securely mounted, so they won't move when you play the game, and won't fall off
The main aspect that should draw you into the Marada G920 is its ergonomic design. No matter whether you plan to use it while standing/ sitting at its max vertical extension, or whether you want it to be as compact as possible, racing on the Marada will always feel comfortable. Implied in this statement is the customisation of the Marada, which isn’t as extensive as the previous three members of our list, but still does a good job. You can also fold it into a surprisingly small size. The double spar design, coupled with a metal build, make this racing stand quite resistant and clearly made with a high build quality in mind.
On the question of compatibility, the Marada is compatible with the Logitech G series (G29/290 all the way back to the G25) and the Thrustmaster T300RS, TX F458 and T500RS. As far as we can tell it’s unfortunately not organically compatible with Fanatec wheels (though you could attempt to clamp them onto the surface). All in all, this is a good entry-level mount, but for a similar price, you can also find products like the Mophorn or the VEVOR.
Honorable Mention: ZIOSTAND V2
- Stable, portable and adjustable ZIOSTAND Racing Wheel Mounting Plate
- Fully Adjustable and Compact. Adjustable wheel tilt, height and location toward or away from the driver
- Shifter can be mounted on the left or right side of the wheel, Adjustable pedal location, forward or back
- Fully articulating, allows players of all sizes to fit the rig comfortably. Folds down for compact storage
- Steering wheel tilt can be adjusted 360°, Additional Plate for fixing the gear shifter on the left or right side for all users
The ZIOSTAND V2 is a stable, easily portable, and adjustable stand. You can adjust the wheel tilt, height and distance from the driver. You can adjust the distance to the pedals. You can mount the shifter on either side. The best adjustable feature is the fact that the entire rig is entirely articulating, meaning that no matter what size you may be it’ll be a piece of cake to make it perfect for you. These are all fantastic features that might push you into buying this stand, and you wouldn’t be wrong. The ZIOSTAND doesn’t market itself as the best stand there is, but as a reliable one which will get the job done admirably.
Unfortunately, the metal pole in the middle is a reoccurring problem with many stands, this one included. It’s also relatively on the high-end price-wise for a cheap stand (but it’s still cheaper than the NLR Lite). The last negative aspect is that, as far as we have been able to tell, the stand is only compatible with the Logitech G series (G29/290, G27 and G25). Some users have been able to fix their wheels (such as the Thrustmaster TMX) on the stand using the clamp, but your mileage may vary. Still, if you’re a G29/290 user this might be one of the best products out there for you.
Last Updated on January 23, 2021 by Thomas Bush