60% keyboards have taken the PC gaming world by storm and are continuing to grow in popularity! These ultra-compact boards do away with the numpad (like TKL keyboards), directional keys and function row in favor of ultra-customizable, efficient layouts. The following are the best 60% gaming keyboards available today!
The Best 60% Keyboards for Gaming: Ultimate Guide
|Top Pick||Razer Huntsman Mini||90%|
|Runner-Up||CORN Anne Pro 2||88%|
|Budget Pick||DIERYA DK61E||84%|
|Best for Tinkerers||Glorious GMMK-Compact||94%|
|Best 75%||Keychron K2||92%|
Top Pick: Razer Huntsman Mini
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- Faster Than Legacy Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical switches use light-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (30% shorter actuation distance than other clicky switches at 1.5 millimeter) with satisfying, clicky feedback
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity
- Oil-Resistant Doubleshot PBT Keycaps: Made of textured, high-grade PBT for a more durable and textured finish less prone to long-term grime buildup
The Razer Huntsman Mini is quickly becoming one of the most popular keyboards from the iconic brand, and it’s easy to see why! This supercompact board carries all of the accoutrements expected of a Razer peripheral – such as per-key RGB, fully customizable keys with macro support and hypershift, aluminum construction and a detachable USB cable – plus their new PBT keycaps and optical switches (which come in your choice of linear or clicky).
Another nice bonus that isn’t often seen in Razer boards – onboard memory that saves key profiles as well as RGB settings!
If you want an amazing board that’s loaded with goodies, this is your best bet!
Runner-Up: CORN Anne Pro 2
- Gateron Brown Switches
- Bluetooth system requirement: Bluetooth LE5.0 receiver/Linux,Windows8/10,Android 4.4 and above / IOS 7.0 and above / Mac OS 10.10 and above. (Check the compatibility before purchasing)
- Prolonged Wireless usage. Anne pro 2 utilizes 1900mah battery which is up to for 8 hours wireless usage under regular circumstance, which means a few days life cycle on a single charge. There is also built-in on/off switch to conserve battery power
- Arrow Keys on keyboard. Probably the first 60% keyboard with arrow keys back. Tap key functionality enables keys to behave differently when tapped or held. By default, Right shift, Fn1, Fn2, and Right control behave as arrow keys when tapped
- Maximize Your Imagination: Anne pro starter companion software enable users to fully personalize their keyboards. RGB backlights are individually addressable
The CORN Anne Pro 2 is popular in hardcore gaming circles and is on the precipice of mass-market appeal with it’s awesome feature set and killer looks.
This little board features Bluetooth 5.0 with an 8-hour battery life, and a USB-C cable for charging or when you want to lower your latency. Other thoughtful features include RGB backlighting and light strip, extra colorful keys for optional customization, and your choice of 10 switch types from various manufacturers including Cherry and Gateron.
If you want to use what the pros use, go with the CORN Anne Pro 2!
Budget Pick: DIERYA DK61E
- CLASSIC 60% COMPACT DESIGN: This DK61 mechanical keyboard has a perfect size and it's good for Home and Office use, without Numpad, more practical for Gamers and Typist, give more space to your desktop
- Dierya DK61E DRIVER: Powerful software editing features, personalize functions as you like, customize advanced features and offline macros, our software can meet all your needs and realize your endless imagination
- PBT DOUBLESHOT KEYCAPS: Wear resistance and hardness are much higher than ABS keycaps, and oil-proof, providing best typing and gaming experience. And you can be hot-swapped replaced by other optical switches you like
- WATERPROOF CIRCUIT BOARD: Our keyboard's circuit board has IPX4 Certified, In the process of playing games and work, you can enjoy food and drinks more freely, because you will be very easy to clean our keyboard (the interface not waterproof)
- HOT-SWAPPED FUNCTION: The DK61 keyboard adopts Hot-swapped Gateron Optical Switches, you can swap its switches without desoldering or without purchasing a new keyboard. (Only Optical Switch compatible)
TheDIERYA DK61E is a unique board for a number of reasons, not the least of which is its super-affordable price! This 61-key board features RGB lighting, fully programmable keys, PBT doubleshot caps, and a waterproof (you read that right) circuit board!
This board is considerably cheaper than the other boards on this list, but its consistently high review scores and thousands of satisfied users don’t seem to find anything cheap about it!
If you want a great gaming board that’s up to the task without eating up your budget, this is the one to pick!
Best for Tinkerers: Glorious GMMK-Compact
The Glorious GMMK-Compact isn’t just a great little keyboard – it’s one of the most fun and interesting PC peripherals to come along in years! The GMMK line is Glorious’ fully modular line, and the Compact is their 6-% variant. When purchasing yours, you not only have your pick of keycaps and switches, but you also have the option to buy additional switches and swap them out on your own, on the fly!
The sandblasted aluminum face and floating keys look amazing, and the RGB is, well, glorious!
If you want a board that is truly your own, go design your own Glorious GMMK-Compact today!
Best 75%: Keychron K2
- A 75% layout (84-key) white LED backlight compact Bluetooth mechanical keyboard. The ultimate keyboard that retains shortcut and arrow keys. Inclined bottom frame makes the K2 more comfortable to type even without a palm rest.
- Connects with up to 3 devices via Bluetooth and switch among them easily. With the latest Broadcom Bluetooth 5.1 chipset, the K2 is best to fit home, office and light gaming use while connecting with your smartphone, laptop and iPad. It also has wired mode with USB Type-C connection.
- With a unique Mac layout, K2 gaming keyboard has all necessary Mac function keys, while compatible with Windows. Extra keycaps for both Windows and Mac operating system are included.
- K2 can last up to 72 hours typing, or up to 7 days normal use (count 8hrs per day) with a 4000 mAh big battery, which is one of the biggest in mechanical keyboard. N-key rollover (NKRO) on wired mode or 6KRO on wireless mode.
- Charming white LED backlight with elegant keycap legends helps to type in dime environment, you can also choose static white backlight mode. Durable Gateron mechanical switch with 50 million keystroke lifespan, providing unrivaled tactile responsiveness on the brown switch.
The Keychron K2 is a perfect stopgap for those who love the compact layout of the 60% boards but want directional arrow keys. Featuring a surprising 84-key loadout (which Keychron calls “75%”) this cozy little board features optional bluetooth connectivity with up to 72 hours’ battery life, USB passthrough and USB-C connectivity.
The PBT keycaps come in two-tone greys with a red escape key, and the whole board has a great classic vibe that is at once unassuming and reassuring.
If you think outside the box and need a board to join you in the wilderness, this is the natural choice for you!
What to Look for in a 60% Keyboard for Gaming
If you’re in the market for a 60% board, you’re more than likely a gaming enthusiast who already has a really good idea of what they’re getting into – but you could surely use a refresher! Here’s what to focus on:
Switches are arguably the most important consideration for any keyboard purchase, and that’s especially true when buying a board that requires you to press more keys, more often, in order to unlock additional functionality that used to belong to dedicated keys. Especially if you intend to use this board for typing or programming, you’ll need a board that feels perfect to you!
60% shoppers tend to be the on-the-move type! Whether you’re a pro gamer jet-setting to tournaments or a LAN enthusiast, your board is going to be tossed into bags and taken on a lot of rides – so don’t skimp on a cheap board that’s going to snap en route to your next session! Ensure your board is made of great materials and covered by a great warranty.
Most keyboards are going to live and die on your desk without anyone outside of your inner circle ever seeing it. 60% boards are built to go everywhere with you though, and if you aren’t using it to express your personal style, you’re doing it wrong! At the very least, grab a board that you’re proud to show off!
Last Updated on March 1, 2021