If you’re ready to take your PC audio experience to the next level, you’re going to want a set of 5.1 speakers! The following are the best options for 5.1 PC speakers as determined by professionals and consumers alike!
The Top-Rated 5.1 Speakers for PC
|Top Pick||Logitech Z906||91%|
|Runner Up||JBL Cinema 510||90%|
|Budget Pick||Logitech Z606||88%|
|Luxury Pick||Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V||93%|
|Best Soundbar||Razer Leviathan||88%|
|Best Home Cinema||Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack||90%|
Top Pick: Logitech Z906
- 5.1 digital surround sound: Hear every detail in your Dolby Digital and DTS soundtracks the way the studio intended. Sub woofer: 165 Watts
- THX certified home theater speakers: Your assurance of true cinema quality sound. Satellites : 4 x 67 W, wall mountable
- Delivers a continuous 500 watts of power, with the ability to deliver a peak of 1,000 watts under certain circumstances: Thunderous, room shaking audio with deep bass you can feel
- Flexible setup: Connect upto six devices : Computer, music player, TV, game console and more; Infared remote
- Easy sound control: Compact control console and wireless remote let you instantly personalize your surround sound experience
The Logitech Z906 is the top pick by virtue of doing everything one needs a 5.1 PC speaker system to do, without adding a bunch of bells and whistles that inflate the cost but do little to justify said inflation.
Key features include 3D surround sound (with compatible sound cards and software), digital and analog inputs (so you can connect all of your electronics and use the system for all of your home theatre needs), physical controls via wired console and wireless remote, and most of all – 1000 watts of peak sound output.
If you want to jump straight-into 5.1 home theatre without spending all day researching and considering every point of nuance, stop reading now and buy the Logitech Z906!
Runner-Up: JBL Cinema 510
- Voice matched, 2-way satellite speakers
- 60-watt, 6.5" powered subwoofer
- Easy to install
- Included brackets for wall mounting
The JBL Cinema 510 is a no-frills home theatre system that is perfect for PC users who want everything they need to come included in one box; this setup even goes so far as to include mounting brackets!
While not as loud as the top pick, these speakers are considerably smaller and will therefore fit better in a cramped space where volume isn’t as much of a concern. Either way, you can’t go wrong with one of these top picks!
Budget Pick: Logitech Z606
- True 5.1 surround Sound - Surround yourself with audio from your favorite movies, music and games with a 5.1 speaker system that includes left, right and center channels, 2 rear satellites and ONE subwoofer
- 160 Watts of room-filling sound - 160 watts peak/80 watts RMS system with a 5.25 Inch bass driver fills your room with incredible sound. You'll get sparkling clear highs (up to 120 kHz) and deep, powerful bass (as low as 50 Hz) with a speaker system made for Audio lovers
- Put it almost anywhere - the extra-long 20 foot rear satellite speaker cables allow for optimal placement in living rooms, gaming spaces, offices, bedrooms—just about anywhere you want. Set them on desks, consoles and end tables, or easily mount them to the wall(Mounting brackets not Included)
- Your audio from virtually any source - listen to audio from computers, phones, tablets, TVs, Blu-ray/ DVD players—almost any source. You can connect wirelessly via Bluetooth or physically using a 3.5mm Audio jack or RCA cable to hear games, music, movies, everything.Satellites: 55 W RMS (total)
- Better Bluetooth - with support for Bluetooth 4.2, you'll get great wireless sound quality, with a faster, more reliable connection that can support 2.5-Times the Audio data of Bluetooth
The Logitech Z606 has the distinction of being the best-reviewed budget 5.1 PC speaker set on the market, and it’s easy to see why – it has a great feature set and respectable sound at a very low price point!
You won’t get bells and whistles here, but you will get more than you bargained for! Please note that, although Bluetooth is included with this set it will downgrade the audio quality significantly and the speakers themselves are still wired!
Luxury Pick: Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V
- The best performing Acoustimass system from Bose delivers spacious surround sound for larger rooms
- Redesigned Direct/Reflecting Series II speakers have a slimmer profile and can mount flush to your wall
- Powerful low note effects from powered Acoustimass module with two high performance drivers
- Adjustable controls for volume and low-frequency effects
- Cables and connectors included and clearly marked for easy setup
The Bose Acoustimass 10 Series V continues the manufacturer’s decades-old tradition of delivering rich and enlightened sound at a price that is just within reach of the everyman. While $1000 dollars may seem like a lot to spend on a PC speaker system (and to be fair it IS), one listen will convince you it’s totally worth it.
These sleek, gorgeous speakers are full of thoughtful touches and design considerations such as the ability to mount the speakers directly to walls without use of mounting hardware (although said hardware is available for purchase should you need to install the set at sharper angles).
Consider this set the top pick for those with more money to burn!
Best Soundbar: Razer Leviathan
- The Razer Leviathan Surround Sound Bar features cutting-edge Dolby technology, superior sound drivers, and a dedicated subwoofer, projecting in-game battle scenes or your favorite tunes
- Featuring award winning aptX technology, the Razer Leviathan seamlessly connects via Bluetooth v4.0 for audio quality indistinguishable from a wired connection with an impressive dynamic range. System Requirements : Devices with 3.5mm audio ports
- The Leviathan’s built in NFC technology allows for ultra-fast pairing and remembers your recently paired devices, allowing you to connect with a single tap. Frequency response rate : 180Hz - 20KHz
- Synergizing a powerful 5.25” downward firing subwoofer with 2 full ranged drivers and tweeters, the Razer Leviathan provides distortion-free lower frequencies and impressive highs
First and foremost, it must be said that the Razer Leviathan is not a true 5.1 speaker system and as such will not fit the needs of most users reading this list. That being said, the system does deliver amazing simulated surround sound from a small, sleek soundbar & subwoofer combo that will immerse and surprise most who experience it.
If you’d rather not deal with the hassle of installing satellite speakers all around your room and would rather hop straight into your media, this is a great product at a reasonable price that will scratch your itch!
Best Home Cinema: Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack
- The Klipsch reference theater pack delivers a superior acoustic performance while keeping an incredibly minimal footprint
- Klipsch's exclusive Tractrix Horn technology and aluminum Tweeters deliver the cleanest, most natural sound possible. The down-firing wireless subwoofer is designed to deliver room-filling low frequencies without requiring too much floor space
- To complement the easy placement of the wireless subwoofer, each satellite speaker has a keyhole mount and a threaded insert for maximum mounting flexibility
- The reference theater pack brings the Klipsch cinematic sound into your home with an incredibly minimal footprint
The Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack is unique in that this set is specially designed to recreate the acoustic environment of being in a large movie theatre – even in a small room in your home!
Klipsch has been a favorite of audiophiles for decades due to their commitment to delivering thrilling sound experiences, and this set is no exception. Please note that this system is not recommended for users who intend to primarily play PC games as the soundstage is not optimal for gaming!
What to Look for in 5.1 PC Speakers
Shopping for 5.1 PC speakers can be an overwhelming endeavor! To narrow your focus and make sure you’re getting the right set for your situation, these are the most important things to keep in mind:
5.1 speaker systems generally include 4 satellite speakers that are to be placed in the 4 corners of a room. While most modern 5.1 systems include wireless satellites, you will need to consider where you will be placing them! Make sure you’re considering the size of the speakers and where/how you intend to mount them. If this all sounds too expensive or daunting, you aren’t alone; this is one of the main reasons surround headsets/headphones and soundbars are constantly growing in popularity! However, those who commit to doing 5.1 the right way will be rewarded with a great home theatre experience.
Just because you want a 5.1 speaker system for your PC doesn’t necessarily mean your PC is ready for it! Before looking at speakers, ensure that your PC has a sound card that is capable of connecting to and empowering the speakers. Also consider the certifications (THX, Dolby etc.) of your card and make sure you buy a set of speakers that are compatible!
It is typically recommended that, if possible, users go with wired systems. While wireless is certainly easier to install and saves a ton of time, it raises the prices considerably and introduces new problems such as latency and potential interference. Most users will not have regular problems with interference, but if you have interference issues with other electronics in your home, consider the possibility that your speakers will suffer the same fate. Also note that Bluetooth cannot send a 5.1 signal and as such should be considered a handicap unless the system in question also has a wired option.
Last Updated on March 1, 2021