2.1 speaker systems are the sweet spot for most users looking to get great sound from their PC without breaking the bank. Without further ado, these are the best picks for 2.1 speakers according to experts and experienced users!
The Top-Rated 2.1 Speakers for PC
|Top Pick||Logitech Z623||90%|
|Runner Up||Klipsch ProMedia 2.1||92%|
|Budget Pick||Creative Pebble Plus 2.1||83%|
|Best Soundbar||Razer Leviathan||87%|
|Luxury Pick||Razer Nommo Pro||94%|
|Also Great||Logitech G560||88%|
Top Pick: Logitech Z623
- THX-certified 2.1 speaker system brings your music, movies and games to life in immersive studio-quality audio; Satellites: 2 x 35 Watt
- RCA and 3.5 millimeter inputs make it easy to plug in up to 3 audio devices - your computer, iPod, game console, DVD player and more
- 2 satellite speakers and a powerful subwoofer deliver sound big enough to fill even large entertainment rooms.Please Note: Kindly refer the User Guide before use.
- Compatible with Television,Computer,Smartphone,Tablet,Music player,DVD player,Blu-ray player,PlayStation,Xbox,Wii. System Requirements: Works with any device with either a headphone jack (3.5 millimeter) or RCA input.
- 400 Watts Peak/200 Watts RMS power delivers amped audio from this 2.1 speaker system. Subwoofer-130 W. Dimensions( H x W x D)-Subwoofer-11.2 x 12.0 x 10.5 inches. Right Satellite-7.7 x 4.6 x 5.0 inches. Left Satellite-7.7 x 4.6 x 5.0 inches
The Logitech Z623manages to check all of the boxes – at a great price point! Most of the other sets on this list (most of the sets on the market, for that matter) sacrifice features or quality in order to hit a competitive price point – or provide additional features that most users don’t need while charging a premium. This set sits firmly in the sweet spot between those extremes.
A list of features could be given but the takeaway is this: If you want to stop researching and deliberating and simply buy the 2.1 PC speakers that do everything you expect at the best possible price, buy this set!
Runner-Up: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
- THX-certified, three-piece computer audio system
- Exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix Horn maximizes digital technologies such as CDs, MP3 downloads, and streaming radio programs
- 200-watt digital hybrid amplifier driven ProMedia 21 incorporates a convenient headphone jack as well as a miniplug input
- Compatible with laptop, smartphone, tablet and other devices via a headphone Jack and mini plug input
- 31 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response range
The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 does everything Logitech Z623 does, but better. The increase in price is easy to justify for those who enjoy premium sound. As an added bonus, this Klipsch set features the brand’s classic, subtle visual styling.
Again, a list of features could be made but the units that sacrifice or slather-on features will come later. If you want the set that hits all of the notes (literally and figuratively) go with the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1!
Budget Pick: Creative Pebble Plus 2.1
- POWERFUL DOWN-FIRING SUBWOOFER | The Creative Pebble Plus features a newly designed standalone 4” down-firing ported subwoofer for remarkable power and depth, providing a significant audio performance upgrade over its predecessor
- 45° ELEVATED DRIVERS | Featuring 2” mid-range drivers that are elevated at 45°, the Pebble Plus speakers are specifically angled towards you, providing the best soundstage while ensuring that you are the centre of attention
- HIGH GAIN MODE | Bring out the most of the Creative Pebble Plus! With a simple switch of a button, access the High Gain Mode to increase the power output to 8W RMS with a 5V 2A USB adapter (not included) for stronger bass performance and room-filling audio — at no loss to audio quality
- EASY ACCESS VOLUME CONTROLS | The volume controls are conveniently located at the front of the speakers for easy and hassle-free access
- USB-POWERED FOR ADDED CONVENIENCE | Powered entirely by USB and connected to your devices via a universal 3.5mm AUX-in cable, the Pebble Plus eliminates the need for a wall socket while doubling up on bass with its external subwoofer
The CCreative Pebble Plus 2.1 wont blow your mind, but it also won’t blow your wallet! There are certainly cheaper options on the market, but nothing else in this price range comes close to the level of customer satisfaction the Creative Pebble Plus has garnered.
What’s the difference? Everything about this set defies expectations – solid build, attractive styling and respectable sound quality. The biggest complaint is that these speakers aren’t especially loud, but that’s the tradeoff when going with USB-powered drivers rather than requiring its own power supply.
Best Soundbar: Razer Leviathan
- The Razer Leviathan Surround Sound Bar features cutting-edge Dolby technology, superior sound drivers, and a dedicated subwoofer, projecting in-game battle scenes or your favorite tunes
- Featuring award winning aptX technology, the Razer Leviathan seamlessly connects via Bluetooth v4.0 for audio quality indistinguishable from a wired connection with an impressive dynamic range. System Requirements : Devices with 3.5mm audio ports
- The Leviathan’s built in NFC technology allows for ultra-fast pairing and remembers your recently paired devices, allowing you to connect with a single tap. Frequency response rate : 180Hz - 20KHz
- Synergizing a powerful 5.25” downward firing subwoofer with 2 full ranged drivers and tweeters, the Razer Leviathan provides distortion-free lower frequencies and impressive highs
The Razer Leviathan is a sleek, stylish black soundbar and subwoofer. Despite the unit’s description as 5.1 speakers, it is a 2.1 speaker set by practical standards. Semantics aside, this is a loud, great-sounding soundbar at a respectable price point.
In addition, the Razer Leviathan supports Bluetooth 4.0 for use with a mobile device or listening to music. It is strongly advised (by the author of this article, as well as Razer themselves) that users implement the included 3.5mm cable for use with PC as the latency introduced by older Bluetooth tech will dramatically impact video viewing and gaming.
For a couple more great soundbars, be sure to see our guide to the best cheap speakers for PC.
Luxury Pick: Razer Nommo Pro
- THX Certified Premium Audio
- Dolby Virtual Surround Sound Technology
- Downward Firing Subwoofer
- LED Illuminated Control Pod.100 MB of free hard disk space
- Versatile Connectivity
First and foremost, it must be said that the Razer Nommo Pro does not give the best bang-for-buck… but it does BANG! The 2-foot-tall downward-facing subwoofer injects bass directly into your floor while the gorgeous satellite speaker sets and their Synapse-connected RGB lites assault your senses.
Sound like an oversell? It’s not! All of this eye-and-ear candy comes at a high price that is hard to justify for most users, especially those who aren’t hardcore gamers – but if you’re the target audience, you’ll have a hard time resisting the urge to splurge for the Razer Nommo Pro!
Also Great: Logitech G560
- Built-in LIGHTSYNC RGB lighting blasts game driven lighting colors and effects activated by the audio in many popular games
- Explosive 240 Watts Peak power and unique driver design deliver a huge soundscape for a heightened gaming experience
- Integrated DTS:X Ultra surround sound renders 3D positional audio so you hear your gaming environment from every angle
- Easily customize four speaker lighting zones with Logitech Family Software for both front and rear light projection in your choice of 16.8 million colors
- Works with Windows based PCs and Bluetooth enabled devices including computers, smartphones and tablets (DTS:X not supported on Mac OS X)
The Logitech G560 does most of what the Razer Nommo Pro does, but does so much cheaper! Spatial audio, RGB lighting and great sound are all on the menu with this set.
Users who aren’t already invested in Razer’s peripheral ecosystem would be better-served to save a ton of money and go with this Logitech set that turns everything down just a couple of notches at roughly ⅓ the cost!
What to Look for in 2.1 Speakers
The sheer number of options available can be overwhelming! Great sound quality is the obvious 1st priority; consider it a given that every set on this list provides best-in-class sound at its respective price point.
While there are a number of other considerations to bear in mind, these are the key factors to keep in mind when shopping for 2.1 PC speakers:
Most 2.1 PC speaker systems will use classic 3.5mm audio jacks and/or USB – and this is ideal for most scenarios! Many sets will include Bluetooth or have an alternative Bluetooth model – this rapidly evolving technology introduces dramatically increased costs and usually high levels of latency that interfere with gaming and video enjoyment.
If you’re primarily interested in using the speakers for music and appreciate the wireless aesthetics, feel free to go with Bluetooth. Alternatively, the newest versions of Bluetooth (5.0 and newer) are capable of transmitting sound with negligible latency (assuming your PC also supports Bluetooth 5.0+).
Long story short: wired is almost always the optimal choice for 2.1 PC speakers!
Looks aren’t everything, but they certainly come into consideration for most users! Many 2.1 PC speakers will feature elegant designs or even RGB lighting, though these features will typically result in dramatically increased prices. If you’re a streamer/influencer, love to show off or simply appreciate the finer things in life – it may very well be worth paying a premium for great aesthetics!
Great audio is the absolute #1 priority when considering any speaker products, and is a prerequisite for inclusion on this list. Readers can safely assume that all of these products provide great sound relative to their respective price points. However, if you want to take your listening experience to the next level, be sure to consider a set of 5.1 speakers.
Last Updated on March 1, 2021