If you are in the market for a brand new gaming monitor to help grow your Twitch channel or simply need the extra frames to nail your shot, you’ve come to the right place. This list covers the best 144Hz gaming monitors under $200 and you won’t be disappointed with any of the monitors on the list.
The Top-Rated 144Hz Monitors Under $200
|Top Pick||AOC C24G1||91%|
|Runner Up||Sceptre E248B-FPT168||90%|
|Budget Pick||Asus VP249QGR||88%|
|Luxury Pick||AOC G2590FX||93%|
|Best 1440p||AOC CQ27G1||88%|
|Best Compact||VIOTEK GFV22CB||87%|
Top Pick: AOC C24G1
- AOC Gaming 24" Class, 23. 6" Viewable AOC Gaming monitor with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
- 1500R curved monitor (VA panel) wrapping around your vision for an immersive gaming experience
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response and 144Hz refresh rate with AMD Free Sync for smoothest competitive game play
- 3-Sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
- Height adjustable stand for optimum ergonomics
The AOC C24G1 is possibly one of the best monitors that has a 144Hz refresh rate screen coupled with a 1 millisecond response rate and a VA curved display. The VA panel gives deeper blacks and vibrant colors. It provides one of the best immersive experiences which is worth every single penny. The 1 millisecond response time aided with the 144Hz screen will help you in your gaming quests and ensure that you blast through all the scenes. Thanks to AMD’s FreeSync technology, the frames come out extra smooth when paired with an AMD graphics card.
The monitor also comes with an adjustable monitor stand that greatly helps in ergonomics and also comes with features that protects your eyes from long gaming sessions. It can be mounted on any VESA-compatible stands if you ever plan on removing the provided monitor stand, though you might not want to since the stand provided does a great job. The AOC C24G1 is well designed with gamer aesthetics, minus RGB and thanks to the 24 inch curved screen, you can have a memorable gaming experience in any game you play.
Runner-Up: Sceptre E248B-FPT168
- up to 165Hz Refresh Rate: Pushing beyond the standard 144Hz, 165Hz gives gamers an edge in visibility as frames transition instantly, leaving behind no blurred images.
- IPS Panel: The IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel cannot be beat when it comes to consistently delivering top color performance and sharp visibility from multiple viewing angles.
- AMD FreeSync: With FreeSync, gamers now enjoy smooth video and seamless on the spot movement through their fast paced games. FreeSync is an AMD technology that nearly eliminates tearing and stuttering due to differences between a graphics card's frame rate and a monitor's refresh rate.
- Edgeless Design: Edgeless Design completely immerses you in all the captivating action and wondrous scenery that 1080P resolution and 165Hz refresh rate have to offer.
- Multiple Digital Ports: While three HDMI ports each deliver an impressive 144Hz refresh rate, one DisplayPort produces a stunning 165Hz refresh rate, all in FHD resolution.
The Sceptre E248B-FPT168 is a really great monitor that just falls short since it doesn’t have a curved display and is much more expensive. It features a 27 inch IPS display, making colors all the more vibrant and colorful which only leads to a better experience. It also comes with a 165Hz refresh rate, which is quite unusual at this price point and because of that, you are set for an absolute riot of an experience. The Sceptre E248B-FPT168 also comes with an edgeless design and AMD FreeSync, which would come in handy, especially in car simulator games like Assetto Corsa, Forza and the likes.
The design has this subtle gamer vibe to it and it does look sleek and stunning. It also comes with a speaker but it isn’t good enough for gaming, so using an external audio source is recommended. In competitive FPS games like Valorant or CSGO, the 1 millisecond response time would be of great help as it ensures that you get your target seamlessly and quickly. It should be noted that to achieve the 165Hz refresh rate, you need to use the DisplayPort on your graphics card. It is feature loaded but if you are not a hardcore competitive gamer, you can skip this.
Budget Pick: Asus VP249QGR
- 23. 8 inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlit display with IPS 178° wide viewing angle panel
- Up to 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync ) technology to eliminate tracing and ensure crisp and clear video playback
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur (ELMB ) technology enables a 1ms response time (MPRT) together, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free backlighting and blue light filter to minimize eye
- Extensive connectivity including DisplayPort, HDMI and D-sub ports and VESA wall-mountable to save on desktop space
If curved displays are not your thing, the next best cheap option, the Asus VP249QGR, would be the perfect display for your gaming endeavours. There’s nothing special about it but it comes with a flat screen that some gamers out there prefer. What makes this special is that Asus has provided gaming centric features with this monitor, thanks to the fact that Asus consulted pro gamers to make the ultimate flat display monitor. It is also coupled with a 1ms response rate and has a near bezel-less display.
It has a very decent but subtle design and like most other monitors in our list, it comes with AMD FreeSync as well and because of that special feature, the monitor helps measure the frame rate without the need for additional softwares. It is built quite well and comes with features that protects your eyes for extended gaming sessions. If you are on a tight budget, you can’t go wrong with the Asus VP249QGR.
Luxury Pick: AOC G2590FX
- 25" (24. 5" Viewable) AOC Gaming monitor with 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution TN panel
- Rapid 1ms response and 144Hz refresh rate
- 50, 000, 000: 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- 144Hz refresh rate and NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible + Adaptive-Sync for the smoothest competitive game play
- Displayport 1. 2, HDMI 1. 4 (x2), VGA inputs w/ audio line out (3. 5mm) for convenience
Do you consider yourself a competitive gamer? Are you on a tight budget but need the best of the best? The AOC G2590FX is for those luxury gamers out there who need the best of the best out there. If you own an nVidia graphics card, you are in luck as the AOC G2950FX features nVidia’s G-Sync and AdaptiveSync which would make the games feel smoother than 144Hz and would come in handy to help you win with ease. Thanks to the AdaptiveSync and G-Sync technologies in the monitor, it allows for a 1 millisecond response time, making gaming easier and faster.The 25 inch 1080p display is incredibly sharp as well and paired with the 144Hz refresh rate and the AdaptiveSync and G-Sync tech, it would help in images and videos displaying much, much faster than 144Hz.
If you are in the market for the most premium monitor in this budget, the AOC G2950FX is the way to go.
Best 1440p: AOC CQ27G1
- 27" AOC Gaming monitor with QHD 2K 2560x1440 resolution
- 1800R curved monitor wrapping around you for an immersive gaming experience
- Rapid 1ms (MPRT) response and 144Hz refresh rate
- Amd Free Sync for smooth competitive game play
- 3-Sided frameless design with ultra-narrow borders for the ultimate multi-monitor setup
If you need the best of both worlds – a Quad HD display (which is much sharper than 1080p) and a 144Hz display – you are in luck as the AOC CQ27G1 features both and paired with AMD FreeSync, your gaming experience would be hiccup-free. The sharp and crisp 27 inch is also curved and has a design that is incredibly similar to the AOC C24G1. The monitor also is G-Sync compatible and it should do a decent job of it although you might want to buy a monitor that is officially G-Sync certified as it tends to do a much better job.
Since it has a very similar design to the AOC C24G1, it is VESA-compatible and you can upgrade the stand in the future. If you need the bigger screen and extra pixels, the AOC C24G1 is a really great option.
Best Compact: VIOTEK GFV22CB
- BIG GAINS, COMPACT SIZE — 1920 x 1080p monitor resolution. 5ms response time. Blistering 144Hz monitor refresh rate. You can call this widescreen PC monitor a lot of things. Wimpy isn’t one of them. After all, a cheap monitor doesn’t have to be cheap.
- EXTREME SPACE SAVER — Intelligently designed to maximize desk space and give you more room to play. Takes up about as much space as a 20-inch monitor. But you get so much more. And no other 22-inch monitor delivers our lightning-fast 144Hz refresh rate.
- GAME-WINNING FEATURES — AMD FreeSync and G-SYNC compatibility for liquid-smooth action. GAMEPLUS targeting crosshairs for improved aim on any game. Display optimizations let you adjust the screen for optimal viewing on demand.
- CONNECTIONS FOR DAYS — With a 3.5mm audio out, high-performance DisplayPort and two HDMI, monitors like the GFV22CB becomes more than just your computer monitor. It becomes your ideal command station, able to connect to the devices you need.
- EVERY SEAT = THE BEST SEAT — Our updated stand is every bit as stable as it is unique. But we understand not everyone likes monitor stands. So we made it easy for you to mount it to a wall or VESA monitor mount, making every seat the best seat in the house.
If you don’t have much space on your desk or if a large screen gives you a headache, the VIOTEK GFV22CB is a very compact 22 inch 144Hz monitor that is actually sharper than most other monitors on the list as well, thanks to the small screen which only translates to a higher pixel per inch count, making things sharper than a large screen would. The 22 inch screen is inside the chassis of a 20 inch monitor which should save a lot of space. It is G-Sync and FreeSync compatible although it doesn’t do a great job and you are better off buying one that is certified. The monitor does get quite bright and gets the job done well. The only issue with it is the 5 milliseconds response rate that might not seem like a huge deal but it could make a difference in competitive play. If the 5 millisecond response rate doesn’t bother you and you need the ultimate 144Hz monitor that’s also compact, the VIOTEK GFV22CB is a great monitor.
What to Look for in a 144Hz Monitor
Hardcore gamers are very particular about their peripherals and that includes their monitors. There are a couple of things to remember before making your next monitor purchase.
Size and Resolution
Size and Resolution are usually related to each other. Buying anything less than a 1080p resolution monitor would result in a pretty sour experience, especially since most consoles and PCs can play games at 1080p. Some monitors feature a 2K screen or sometimes, even 4K, but these monitors usually come at exorbitant prices. Any monitor that has 109 ppi (pixels per inch) would translate to a sharper experience. Choosing a monitor size that suits your needs also matters. Most people prefer larger screens since it provides a very immersive experience but some people prefer smaller ones due to medical issues. It all depends on your personal preference when it comes to size.
Response Rate plays a huge role when it comes to gaming. Even a few milliseconds off and you might find yourself already beaten. Most 144Hz monitors come with a 1 millisecond response rate but a few, which are a lot cheaper, come with a 5 millisecond response rate which hard core gamers might not appreciate. Lower the response rate, better would be your overall experience.
Panel Tech is probably one of the most overlooked factors while purchasing a monitor. Some people assume that all monitors are made equal and are quite unaware of this. If you end up buying a monitor that is dirt cheap, you’ll mostly be greeted with washed out colors that would only lead to a disappointing experience. Usually, TN panels – which stands for twisted nematic – are quite bad when compared to IPS (in-plane switching) and VA (vertical alignment) panels. IPS usually gives brighter colors but when compared to VA panels, the blacks are not as deep as VA. VA is the best as the colors are brighter and vivid and the blacks are deeper and dark, making for a very impressive experience.
Last Updated on March 1, 2021